Software Engineer, Peer to Peer Networks
FluidStack is looking for a self-driven engineer to help us solve hard networking problems.
We are building a system with hundreds of thousands of nodes across tens of thousands of locations with diverse network conditions. You will be working with us to solve difficult algorithmic and distributed systems problems. Your key responsibility will be our inter-node messaging and data transfer systems. Other responsibilities include working with NATs, and building out network monitoring tools.
Once you've joined the team, we will get you up to speed with our system and architecture, you'll begin working with us on existing projects and tackling current problems. You will then quickly become involved in all stages of development of future projects, from ideation through architecture and execution.
You could be what we're looking for if you have:
- Experience developing networking-centric applications.
- A deep understanding of the networking stack and the Internet's application model and core protocols.
- The ability to analyse, criticise, and improve the design of complex computer network systems.
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Go. If not, it's easy to learn!
- Have previous experience implementing distributed software that dealt with the challenges of p2p networking.
FluidStack is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. You will have the opportunity to work alongside talented engineers to build and ship a product that will be deployed across hundreds of thousands of devices.
We offer significant equity, unlimited holiday, equipment of your choice, a learning and training budget, and all the usual startup perks.